02 June 2011

So Far, So Good


I'm going to try again to log on here daily and give updates to my progress. I still can't manage to find the energy I used to have to get up, but since I started reading Save The Cat by Blake Snyder, I at least feel that my work is a little more streamlined.


I got all my scene headings in place today. I think there is a little more leg work that needs to be done before I write the scenes, but, I started this morning and am on my way. A lot less overhead, for now, than Jeff Kitchen's method, but I'm hoping to synthesize Snyder, Kitchen, Hauge, and Iglesias into a method for me to use to accomplish this screenplay.


Blake Snyder's Beat Sheet worked, though. It helped me trim down a lot of the stuff that would have made my screenplay, now titled, SHATTERED SILENCE (again retitling thanks to Snyder), a better novel than a screenplay. I also have a good logline (perks to Snyder and Iglesias for direction on this one): In a world ruled by the deaf majority, a framed detective hopes to clear his name of a murder he didn't commit.


Let's see how it does...


No comments:

Post a Comment